Jul 23, 2010

A Little Summer Redo

It's hot. Like super hot. That means I had to go shopping for a summer conforter. We have a great raging red winter set that I adore but it's hot. So I went to TJMaxx (love that place) and picked up a dandy Ralph Lauren set for well under $100! Cha-ching.

To complete the redo I had to take down the red curtains. The "new" curtains are mistreatments. $5.99 pillow cases from another favorite store- Target (read that with the fancy accent). The rods were stolen borrowed from Brad's office. Which works perfectly because the old red curtains are now in Brad's office. His old curtains? They are in my bathroom. Did you follow? That my friend is called "shopping the house" which is my other favorite place to shop.

Before you take a peek at the pics let me apologize (yet again) for my lack of photog skills. Our bedroom is loooonnngg and kinda skinny. Which works well for me to fulfill a life long dream of a corner/diagonal bed- but it isn't great for taking pictures. It also means I have a big empty space at the other end of my bedroom...anyone want to donate furniture to the cause?
Before- Raging Red

After- Summer Blue
The little stairs are for Spicy. Honest. Here is proof. He is spoiled rotten.

2 comments:

Julia said...

You're silly! It looks beautiful! (I figured out how to comment from my phone!)

Stacie said...

i like the mistreatments!!!