Jul 16, 2010

How To: Disney

Sure. You could get a basic package, grab a guide map at the entrance, and wing it. You could do that. That's just not how I do it. When I do Disney- there is alot involved. The travel dates are strategically picked based on crowd records, weather trends, and current promotions. This September will be our 2nd trip not paying for any food. That is not a coincidence.

I price everything. I book everything. I settle on ADRs (advance dining reservations) as early as possible. (Disney dining can be booked 180 days out.) Meals are planned according to park happenings. You wouldn't want to be in EPCOT on the night Spectromagic is happening at Magic Kingdom :gasp:

I buy the best guide book ever. I write down all ADR confirmation numbers on the corresponding date page. I highlight the attractions of utmost importance. Then I put together daily touring plans based on variables such as EMHs (extra magic hours), park hours, parades, fireworks, and our family must do list.

All of this is done WEEKS in advance. Weeks. Has to be. Planning ahead makes the last few days before the trip open to just plain excitement.

Upon arrival, grab the daily itinerary and set yourself on autopilot. Does everyone not have a DisneyWorld autopilot button? I thought it was standard issue. If you don't have that button, you should travel with someone that does. That is the only way to see it all. Do it all. Experience it all.
When you pass under the train station...it is pure magic. Turn the corner. Wait for it...wait for it...ahhh...there it is- your first glimpse of The Castle. Be sure to have cameras ready if it is anyones first time to see the castle.
I promise you- this is the point where Tinkerbell sits on your shoulder and whispers, "Welcome home." What? You've never heard her? You better go back and listen again. She is a quiet little thing.
So. That's it. That's how I do Disney. Sure, it takes time and energy and work. Doesn't everything worth having take time, energy, and work? But at the end you will be rewarded with fabulous family time, a vacation to end all vacations, and memories to talk about for years.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I'm Glad I get to reap the benefits of all this planned out preparation!

Ashley B said...

and I reaped the benefits last year and it was kinda nice especially considering---- all this planning would stress a wing it kinda girl like me out--but when someone else does it is not so bad---