Jul 18, 2010

Christmas in July

You know how the first Christmas in a new house is so exciting- I'm in that zone right now. I have a great banister that will need lots of garland and lots of "stuff" stuck in it. Luckily, I bought *lots* of garland at Hobby Lobby last year- dirt cheap- AFTER Christmas. I love it when that happens!

It's the "stuff" I need ideas for. I know clear twinkle lights are a given. What else though? I don't want fancy or fru fru. I want fun and bright, bold colors. Have you seen our house? It is bright, bold colors. I was thinking a candy theme possibly...I've been searching online but I haven't found "it." The decorating will begin in roughly 4.2 months. I gotta get this together.

Here are a couple more views. Don't you love how Spicy thought that top picture was all about him?

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

I have some cool garland from the last couple of years with lots of big bright stuff stuck in it -- got it from the in law-- how much is it worth to you :)

mindy said...

I was thinking of having the in-law do a field trip over here to help...but I'm not sending her out to buy anything. Lord knows I would end up paying for a 4ft elf that hangs from the ceiling...