Jun 10, 2007

Undo


Todays favorite worship song is "Undo" by Rush of Fools. I'm listening to it right now and it goes along very well with Pastor's sermon this morning. He was preaching about disobedience. Jonah 1:1-6 was the text. Go watch it for yourself from the Elevation website. My disobedience is usually tied to fear or worrying. Although we might consider those things "normal or not 'that bad'- it's all the same to God and it's all wrong. Lack of faith can certainly result in lack of action. Lack of action can and usually does lead to disobedience. What action has God called you to that you haven't dove into? Maybe you did dive in but are still trying to hold on to the side- gotta tread water on your own --just in case God lets go. I think that's me. I'm sure God knows what He's doing but I still have this desire to control as much as possible. That may not look like disobedience at first glance- but it is! These are the lyrics to "Undo" and my prayer...

"I've been here before. Now here I am again. Standing at the door, praying you'll let me back in. To label me a prodigal would be only scracthing the surface of who I've been known to be.

Turn me around. Pick me up. Undo what I've become. Bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace. I need You. I need Your help. I can't do this myself. You're the only one who can undo what I've become.

Focused on the score that I can never win. Trying to ignore a life of hiding my sin. To label me a hypocrite would be only scratching the surface of who I've been known to be.

Turn me around. Pick me up. Undo what I've become. Bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace. I need You. I need Your help. I can't do this myself. You're the only one who can undo what I've become. Make every step lead me back to the soverign way.

Turn me around. Pick me up. Undo what I've become. Bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace. I need You. I need Your help. I can't do this myself. You're the only one who can undo what I've become.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,

I really like this post. It is hard not to worry about all the details of how it is going to work, and when it is going to happen. Thank you for being a woman after God's own heart!

Love,
Brad