Jun 23, 2007

Remember these?


We had a great time tonight. We celebrated Aaron's birthday with the Hummel's. After dinner at 5 Guys we came back here for some Slip and Slide Fun! Remember these things? Children of the 80s may know them as "wet bananas." They used to always be yellow and have that little banana shaped sprinkler on them. I don't think there was even a nice little pool to land in back in the day. You just knew you were done when you got a mouthful of grass. I personally can count on 1 finger how many times I played on a slip and slide growing up. My mother said they were a "broken arm waiting to happen." We certainly didn't own one and I only got to use it at a friends once. No broken bones. Anyway, I wish my camera hadn't died because it was the funniest thing to watch. They all tried their best to slide fast and hard to reach the pool at the end. All but Andy that is. Andy would walk- like an old man- slow as molasses from one end to the other. The couple times he did actually fall and slide he wasn't too fond of it. Must be the Grandmama in him. What a great night.
Oh, and Mother...don't worry...it's the Hummel's slip and slide. We would never own such a contraption...it's an accident waiting to happen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had one for a bit when I was in elementary school. I wore glasses, so for me to play on them, I had to basically be blind and just aim for the big yellow thing. It was fun until I stepped in the big mushy pile of dog poo that I also couldn't see. *gagging*

Wendy said...

Hey, Thanks for checking my post. I have been so busy that I have not been able to write a lot lately. I have been trying to get a teaching job, but things are not exactly working out like I wish they could. Anyway, my brother and I were not allowed to have a slip and slide, because my parents said, it will kill the grass! We sure missed out on a lot of fun. My kids love them!