Jun 26, 2007

Chick Lit for the Beach Trip


We just got back from the library. Tuesday morning is preschool story time and today was PACKED!~ Just as I was about to say, "sorry kids- no parking places," a man walked to his car to leave. Darn. I admit the library isn't my favorite place to go but I am trying to fake it with the kids...and it seems to be working. They actually like to go. After we served our time in the story room, I browsed for my beach books. I just finished PS- I Love You (this blog won't underline) by Cecelia Ahern. It was good...the basic premise is Holly, a young woman in her late 20s, is widowed when her husband dies of cancer. (The book picks up after his death) Holly finds a package he prepared for her before his death and inside are envelopes for each reaminaing month in the year. Each month Holly opens a new letter from her husband and reads what he wants her to accomplish that month. Some are silly. Some are thoughtful and some are life changing. Although it really wasn't written to be sad, there were parts that made you just ache for this character. I've heard it is being made into a movie. There is some bad language in it but no worse than you'd hear on cable televison. All in all, I enjoyed it and I am not easily entertained by books.

Scan my picture up there and let me know if you have read any of those books. I am basically one of those that DOES judge a book by the cover and I liked these covers. I also got another one of Cecelia's books...and the Sharon Osbourne autobiography because I expect it to be VERY interesting...

1 comment:

S said...

I loved the Cecilia Ahern books - PS I Love You just made me weep, which I'm sure wasn't her intent. Shopaholic books are also great for the beach. Happy reading!
S