Nov 20, 2007

Guilty as Charged



I'm not observant. It's a fact I've known for some time now but today I was reminded once again how UNobservant I am. Twice. The second occassion just happened as I opened my email. I got a little survey deal from my friend Dana. It was just a few questions to see how much I know about her. I did fine on the biggies like how many kids she has, when we met, and what I consider to be her greatest strengths. But little ones like the color of her eyes and her middle name...I have no clue! That's really not good is it? Now I gotta admit it isn't just because I have only known her a few years either.

I've known Kendra for over 20 years and although I do know her middle name (though I'd never ever post it here for fear she'd track me down and cause bodily harm) stating her eye color would be nothing more than an educated guess (brown??) How can that be? Is this kinda like how you lose brain cells after you have kids? Have I lost observation cells? Did I ever have them? Can I gain them?

As I've been typing this, 2 of my surveys came back in and both were quite accurate. Crap. That makes it even worse. So if you notice me looking at you funny or jotting notes down while we visit, you'll know why. I'm just studying for the next pop quiz. ;)

4 comments:

Ashley B said...

I like to pick on you --both truth is you are observant when it counts the most-- and I appreciate that about you-- BTW-- it is Dawn

mindy said...

Aw crap! Why didn't I read this before I emailed yours back to you?! Dadgumit!

Ashley B said...

Are you not going to pick on the fact that I said-- both instead of but--oh well it was late and you had my head spinning with those Chinese words and their "pronunciation"

Anonymous said...

So how'd I do?! Huh? Huh?!! And where's mine?! You can't possibly be busy or anything. ;op