Dec 26, 2008

Let Me Give You a Clue

If you ever play a game with my dad you should be warned---he treats game rules like I treat recipes...keep what you like and change the rest.

We were playing the classic Clue game but after a couple rounds, those rules were out the window. First off we (he) decided we were done with rolling the dice. I mean, whats the point to that? It only prolongs the game. Furthermore, why does your character need to be IN the room you are suggesting? That's silly too. Another rule out the window... After a few more rounds we were playing a game that only vaguely resembled Clue- from a distance. If you squinted...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Clue!!! I almost bought it for us this Christmas...this makes me want to go out and get it for New Years now :-)

Ashley B said...

I'm on the edge my seat--who did it the? Was it the Butcher, in the library, with a knife?

mindy said...

Butcher?? Apparently you change the rules more than we do. We only change Scarlet's name to Victoria. ;)

Ashley B said...

I know I couldn't think of the characters-- so I thought the butcher sounded like a likely subject

Erin said...

Man, I'm stressed just reading about that type of haphazard game playing. It's that kind of chaos that leads to murder in the conservatory with a candlestick in the first place...which is why I keep one hand on my game piece, one hand on the rule booklet.

WV Girl said...

As much as I love playing games, I have never played Clue. We do however play cards every single day at lunch on work days.