Jan 1, 2009

The Year Round Tree

I started a little project today- creating this picture tree. I keep the pencil tree up almost year round on the landing. I decorate it for Christmas but have just left it "plain" the rest of the year.

When I took the Christmas down this year I decided to move the pencil tree by the front door. Then I added all the picture frame ornaments I've collected thus far. What do you think?

Actually, I only want to hear from those that think it is fabulous and not at all "too Christmasy" because pine trees work year round in NC and family pictures are always lovely. If you disagree and think I should take it down now, well...no need to air those opinions because my mind is made up! I adore it. Yearround. At least until I get another wild hair...

7 comments:

Ashley B said...

K here are the several things that come to my mind....

first-- I didn't see any pictures of me in the clip above

second-- I can here it now when your ear starts itchin---I know it's not real but I really think that pine tree is bothering my allergies

Finally-- no more talking about my year round men dressed in red sitting in my dining room-- some mean wear red year round too!!

mindy said...

Hey there hippy chick, if you're going to make fun of me you better at least proof read!

Anonymous said...

ha...I was thinking that I didn't see any pictures of me on there...guess Ashley and I think alike (that whole great minds thing!!)

I think it's super cute and doesn't look Christmas-y at all

Ashley B said...

:) slip of the finger-- Guess that's what I get for being "mean" :)

WV Girl said...

Forget about that "mean" Ashley. I wish I had thought of the idea myself. Looks great.

Anna May said...

i like :)

Anonymous said...

It is a little Christmas-y, but I love it!

;O)

Mary