Dec 3, 2008

Outsmarted By a Smartie


So we found this great Pirate advent calendar for Andy. Each day he opens a box and discovers a new little pirate toy piece for the set. Maci was wanting new ornaments for her Christmas tree so that's her gift each morning. Fabulous! Aaron is a little trickier. We discussed money ($1 a day=$24) but Aaron suggested one of the Indiana Jones Lego sets ($10). Winner winner chicken dinner!
Day one- Andy and Maci were tickled pink. Aaron didn't say much. So on the way to school I asked him what he thought of his first Lego piece. "Oh its great but it looks just like the table from my other Indiana Jones set..." It looks like the table from his other set because he already has this set!!! Crap. How did I mess this up?I called Brad to let him know of our (my) boo boo. Brad's idea was to continue giving him some pieces from that set AND mix in pieces from the Star Wars Lego set. Brilliant! That'll keep him guessing. Or not.

Day Three-
Aaron- I know this is the same set I already have.

Me- You think so? Hmm. Maybe we are just wanting you to think that.

Aaron- Maybe. But I don't think so. I think you got me 2 sets because there are only 8 pieces left in that kit and that's not enough to last til Christmas. I think you have another set for me. I also thought you might mix them up to try to confuse me on what I'm getting.

Me- Well that'd be a silly idea now wouldn't it.

POOP! Any ideas about a cool advent calendar for a smarty pants 9 year old boy?

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

What a cutie-- he is way smarter than the average bear! which is okay by me-- that will make for a great son in law one day ;) HE HE HE