Oct 16, 2008

Stealing Barbs Floor

This blog should have been written months ago. Seriously. Months ago.This is how it should have been written- last May.

My friend Barb has the best kitchen tile. Brad and I both always loved it and hoped to replicate it someday. Finally that day has come. From the first time we walked through this house we loved it- loved everything except the kitchen floor. It was ugly vinyl flooring. Yuck. Once we got serious about replacing it we started talking about Barb and Kevin's floor again. However, although Brad had laid tile in our last house (2 bathrooms and the kitchen) this project was going to be a little more advanced. Not only was this design on the diagonal but a two tone diagonal. I'm no math whiz but apparently diagonal means quite a bit more computations and cuts. So we pushed it off awhile longer. It was strategically planned for a weekend Brad would have a helper- not just any helper but the helper of all helpers- my dad.

After many hours (or days...hard to remember which) of blood, sweat, and tears the floor was finally finished. Finished and fabulous! I LOVE it. Here are a few pics of the process below. I will have to take a better "after picture" to post as well. This is by far some of Brad's best handywork. Sometimes a stolen idea is the best idea. Love it!

o

5 comments:

WV Girl said...

The floor looks great. Brad should be proud. We have yucky linoleum and would love to replace ours too. Maybe the "stolen idea" can carry on through us.

Ashley B said...

It does look Awesome!!! It is funny I barely remember the other floors-- when you were talking about them tonight I was trying to picture them and couldn't remember them until I saw the before picture-- anyway-- Great job B-rad and T- Daddy--

Anonymous said...

That is some serious machines and serious work!!!! It does look fantastic...by the way, I know a floor in a kitchen in Florida that has yucky linoleum...and I just happen to know a very handy guy with experience that will be in Florida next summer.....just saying :)

Rebecca said...

Great floor! Love tile instead of linoleum. What a great way to pass on ideas:-)

Anonymous said...

I want some! I'm not brave enough to tackle the tile thing yet. We need it in our laundry/bathroom and other bathroom.