Oct 21, 2008

My Kind of Recycling


I am a phras-a-holic. Seriously, I am bad about picking some random saying and stashing it in my head to use years and years from now. I often don't realize I am doing it. If I've ever ripped off a phrase of yours, here is your credit- minus the formal APA format.

*whatthecrapever*- to my knowledge I made this one up all by myself. If I ripped you off with this one, please let me know because I truly believe I made it up myself.

*sad day for you*- clearly this one came from Tresher. I heard her use it on a kid a couple years ago and it's been mine ever since. I probably say this at least once a day.

*multiple*- I got this from Erin. I never used to use "multiple" as an adjective but now it seems to be my adjective for mulitple situations.

*hippy chick*- I don't know where I got this but I've had it a loooonnng time.

*working up a mad*- That's another teacher saying. I got it from Barb.

*that's right*- I got this from my hair stylist. I use it to make you feel better. For example, you say, " I know I shouldn't eat this but it's just one huge box of cookies..." I will respond, "that's riiiight" to make you feel good. Listen for it...I use it without realizing it.

*a hot mess*- This I got from Ashley but I've heard other southerners say it. Apparently it means that you look horrible.

*Freaking A*- Believe it or not this one came from Brad. I know it isn't very nice but he says it. Alot.

*Tresher also taught me another one that isn't very polite and I don't use it...although I think it often times and wish I could.

I think that's it....any phrases you've learned from me?


4 comments:

Ashley B said...

I think I got this second hand-- from you but started by Brad-- but I use Crappin' A --and who got dork from who-- because I notice I call everyone a dork-- and you do to-- so not sure who got it from who??? Life's little mysteries

Erin said...

With the vast knowledge I shared with you about dinosaurs and the moon, and all you've filed away is "multiple"??? I can think of multiple things I'm more useful for than that!

Anonymous said...

You always said the phrase "what a crack up" or similar must be some California thing. I say "that cracks me up" all the time. :o) And, of course, I've adopted "whatthecrapever" on several occasions. ;o)

Anonymous said...

That Cheryl sounds like a smart, beautiful woman with many words of wisdom. "Sad day for you" if you don't listen to her.