Oct 12, 2008

Loving the Village

Last night Maci and her friends danced the night away at the concert on the lawn following the Lake Park Fall Festival. How amazing it must be to grow up in this neighborhood. I love being a part of a community that has events like this. The kids of Lake Park will remember these days forever.

Last night we watched Andy and Carter roll down the grassy hill over and over and over. We called in Chinese from the park across the street and laughed because she recognized us by our orders. We painted pumpkins, browsed through the craft vendors, and saw strangers turn in various electronics like blackberrys and cameras. Upon retrieving his lost item, one man was so impressed with the honesty of the crowd, he told us "he knew what where his next move would be." Smart man.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sad I missed it...it is always my favorite festival of the year. Reminds me of where I grew up. Hope to have that for my kids someday:-)Thanks for sharing!

Ashley B said...

It was a great day-- and don't forget we stopped by Janey's house to freshen up a bit and have some of that awesome sweet tea-- I enjoyed it a lot and I know the kids did-- even if it did require a little work :)