Dec 29, 2007

Rambling

At this moment my parents are en route back home. It's been a very long day for them. Never mind the fact they wanted to get to the airport ridiculously early, but the flight ended up being delayed for maintenance issues. Their 3:20 departure ended up being closer to 7:20. Of course this makes connections rescheduled and it appears they won't be home until the wee hours of Sunday. I hate this for them. I understand I have no control over it but I still hate it.

When you move literally half way across the country you learn who is willing to make the long haul to visit. That isn't a dig or jab. It is simply fact. We recognize that coming here is no small feat. Whether you take the 2 day drive or go with the expensive and often frustrating flight, it is difficult. Not impossible by any means but you have to really want to see us. Mother and Daddy have faithfully come once a quarter since we've been here. They really want to see us...or at least the grandkids. ;)

Anyway, knowing it is such a hassle leaves one (me) feeling responsible and a little guilty when they have such travel trouble. The least I can do is stay up tonight until I hear they are safely home.
Thank you for coming Mother and Daddy. We miss "big family" already!

4 comments:

Anna May said...

i loved this post! what you said is so true, you really know how much your family/friends care about you when they make that special trip just to visit! it's so nice!

Ashley B said...

Glad they got home safely!!!!

Erin said...

This is two trips we've missed them completely, did we make that bad of a first impression??

mindy said...

Hey now, you guys were invited...for the most important day of the year I might add. ;)