Dec 21, 2007

The Joy of Christmas Shopping


I've been "almost done" for days now- weeks maybe. I start early and that works well except that I never feel I have enough. I like to wrap things as soon as I get them home. They immediately go under the tree and I can keep a running tally that all is even and everyone has plenty to open. This year however, with the arrival of Spice Dog we can't leave packages unattended. He'd think of everyday as Christmas Day and I shutter to think of the mess involved. So everything is sufficiently hidden in the #1 parental hiding spot -the top of my closet. Now ya'll know how my memory is stellar and all, but I may have forgotten a few of the items I have already purchased. My best guess is that I really am done but to be certain I have a plan of action-

The goal for tonight is:
-wrap everything
-make a list of what I have for which kid
-check it twice
-fix any inequity (is that the word I am looking for?)
-be officially DONE for the 07 holiday season!

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

Wait- I didn't see where you were going to check the list for my present-- did I miss that??? :)

mindy said...

Actually I have a little "somethin somethin" for ya...Don't get excited, it isn't the signature bday gift...just a little something you need before New Years!