Dec 5, 2007

Life in the Zoo


You know how you turn the radio up while you are driving down the highway? Slowly, bit by bit you dial it up, hardly noticing. By the time you reach your destination it is loud- but you stop the car, get out, and don't give it a second thought. Later, when you get back in and turn the key in the ignition, the radio is blaring loud. You whirl it down and ponder how that happened.

My children are the same way. They start out fairly quiet, bit by bit they get louder and louder. I unconsciously adjust by tuning them out, moving rooms, etc. Then like a switch, I suddenly come to and hear them full blast. I flip around to see middle man dragging big sister through the kitchen by her leg with little man bringing up the rear of the parade hooting and hollering himself. When exactly did my cozy home turn into the monkey exhibit at the zoo? More importantly, where is the glass to protect me from the wild?

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

See I told you I saw your uncle when I went to Asheboro-- HE HE HE--

Erin said...

Good stuff :)