Sep 30, 2007

Let the Festivities Begin


Yesterday was spent (in large part) preparing for the fall festival our neighborhood has every October. I think I almost lost a friend when I drug her to the meeting only to get her roped into a rather large task AND roping her husband in as well. Note to self- be prepared for payback. Note to everyone else- if you don't want to participate in volunteering, sponsoring, or offering a raffle item you may need to avoid me the next couple weeks.


In other news, we spent a small fortune in getting Aaron outfitted for the Cub Scouts. I really have an irrational distaste for uniforms. I need to get over it. I need to at least learn to fake it better. It was ALL I could do to actually spend money on such ugly clothing...and that handkerchief thing...don't even go there. What's wrong with some nicely screen printed tees and khaki shorts? These uniform things rank right up there with light up shoes and those HORRID character tennis shoes. Think about it, have you ever seen one of my children in character shoes? Ever? If I had my own Jeopardy game, these items would be listed under the "things that make you shutter" catergory. Seriously.

3 comments:

Anna May said...

hey i made your mashed potatoes, ranch dressing casserole thing you posted on here a couple weeks ago, and it was awesome! thanks for the recipe, and keep 'em coming!

Erin said...

I'm glad I live in a much less ambitious neighborhood :) (kind of)

Ashley B said...

You can't get rid of me that easily-- although it did get me thinking-- maybe that was your plan--hmmmmmmm ;). Hey by the way as for the character shoes-- no I have not seen your kids in them --YET. Bet Andy would cherish a gift from Hannah Montana though. Okay I will be nice... you did drag me into that meeting