Sep 9, 2007

Promise Fullfilled


I've promised Tresher a couple recipes and I won't be able to face her in the hall tomorrow morning if I haven't delivered. So....here they are. They are both very easy but very yummy.

The picture is a version of shell manicotti. I basically snagged it from my friend Heather who made it for us after Brad's surgery. I kept meaning to ask for the recipe but never did so I just made one up.
*Large shells
*Ricotta cheese
*Jar of Prego
*Beef (but next time I'll use sausage
*Mozzarella cheese

Cook the shells. Fill em with ricotta. Fill a casserole dish with them. Mix meat with pasta sauce. Pour over shells. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. Done.

#2 is basically just as easy. It is my cheating version of potato boats- potato boat casserole.
*Mashed potatoes
*Ranch salad dressing
*beef
*cheese
*bacon pieces
*green onion

Sprad a thin layer of the mashed potato to cover your casserole dish. Mix together beef with enough Ranch to make it white basically...More is better than less you could say. Layer the beef in the casserole next followed by the remainder of the mashed potatoes. COVER top with slices of good ol American cheese- takes about 9 slices. Sprinkle with the bacon pieces. I buy the prepackaged kind on the salad dressing aisle. Then bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Add the chopped green onion to the top and bake a few minutes more. Easy.

That is my cheaters way to make it because the original way involved using the potato skins and was just way too much hassle for me!~

This concludes my homemaking segment of blog world for the weekend. Join us next week when I teach you how to make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world- without even having to drag out your mixer! ;)

4 comments:

Erin said...

The potato boat thing has become a family favorite at our house, the shells sound like another hit!

Anonymous said...

Ok- so I am giving you your visual affirmation-- I had to stop in July--my eyes are getting tired-- not that it is boring at all-- I have literally laughed out loud many times through this--It is great -- I will pick up where I left off next--on Brad's appendectomy--thanks for sharing--as for me-- This is intimidating-- will have to get you to show me the tricks of the blogging trade someday --

Erin said...

Okay...I know you're busy but if I can't see you, I at least need to read you...post!

Curt said...

I made the stuffed shells, they were a hit! Tonight, I am going to try the potato boat casserole, I will let you know how it turns out!