Oct 1, 2007

Craziness


It's been a crazy afternoon. Not crazy like we had a ton to do but literally crazy. The final straw was this- I'm talking to Erin on the phone. The doorbell rings and I see bikes in the driveway. I think it is one of Maci's friends so I can answer while still on the phone. I get to the door and it is one of my students with his dad. I honestly do not mind this. Truly. The little guy figured out where I live and wanted to pop in and say hi. That would have been just a sweet little story. However, as good goes to crazy, Spicy darts out the door and takes off running. Andy darts out the door (without pants...nother story...)and begins chattering to this dad about his own bike AND training wheels AND that he doesn't have on pants... then Maci darts out after to chase Spicy. Meanwhile, I am at the door pretending that I'm not holding a phone on the other side of it and turn on my teacher smile and talk without missing a beat. I couldn't repeat a word of the conversation because the entire time I was thinking, "I'm going to skin that dog! Andy looks homeless without pants. Where did Maci go? Can I throw this phone without this dad hearing the crash when it lands?" Erin got tired of holding on and hung up. So then the loud shrill beeping noises started. I silenced them by covering the ear piece with my thumb. Now the little boy that came to see me has actually wandered back to the street but Dad and I are left to converse. Holy crap. The confusion doesn't stop me from recommending that little boy could write about his visit in writers workshop tomorrow. :) That's a dang good teacher or one trying to make up for the craziness that probably appeared to be flowing out of my household. I had no picture to use...so I had to use "Cartoon Me" again.

3 comments:

Ashley B said...

Hmmmm not sure I know what to tell you besides-- don't make that family mad--- they know where you live :)

Anonymous said...

I could picture that entire scene so well. :o) We had dogs that would do that exact same thing and we'd all go running after them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, What a story! What a Day!What a great teacher :) Very funny. I can relate. Our little canine family members, will sometimes have us doing things we can't believe we do.. like running outside with no pants!!! Tell Andy to keep his pants on and try not to skin Spicy :) Tell the kids I said hello, and hug Spicy for me.
Take Care, Miss Brenda