Jul 29, 2007

Sunday Shoutout

Have you ever had 'that person' you couldn't get off your mind? I have a friend that I think of as a sister. We're forever friends that literally grew up together. We met in grade school and although we are so very different in alot of ways, we are also so very similar in just as many ways. For some reason she has been on my mind all weekend...I've been reminded of Kendra instance after instance...thinking about our trips to Taco Bueno to get the party tacos (she'd always pay because she had her moms bank card), the Tetris wars in Mr. Rice's office, the way we never made fun of each other for getting lost because neither of us could find our way out of Claremore without a compass and a big bag of bread crumbs, the math classes that BLEW our minds, the crushes we shared on MTG and one she always denied on DC...I love having a friend that will totally understand every acronym in this blog because we lived it together. Her memory is just as bad (probably worse!) than mine but these are the memories that will never be lost. I'm not sure why my mind keeps wandering back so far this weekend but it does. Just wanted to send a shout out to you hippy chick. I love you and I'm missing you a bunch right now Kendi!

Now for a blast from our past....this was a little bit difficult to find...You know how picky I am. I wanted specifics- traveling from the GF to the MK WITH the Spanish message included (of course- that was our favorite part!) Por favor...we never did get all that, Miss Tipps would not be proud. And for goodness sakes Kendra, PLEASE stand clear of those doors!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, I ache for a friend like that. :o) Cherish her forever.
...And now I want to go to Disneyworld, dangit! :op

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wasn't expecting that one! Had to go cry a little in the bathroom. :-) I love those memories and will never forget them! A day never passes that I don't think about you. I love you lots!

Anonymous said...

And another thing...I did NOT have a crush on DC! Wonder where he is now, probably in jail. :-)

mindy said...

I've always believed you- except about this particular issue!! You're probably right about the jail thing too. ;)