Jul 25, 2007

SpiceDog


I'm not really a dog person. I never have been. I'm actually not an animal person at all. But when we started talking about getting a puppy I did my research. I research EVERYTHING- to a fault really. Research yields results and our results were fantastic. I still don't consider myself a "dog person." But I am a Yorkie person now and I do love my Spicy. Here's a few reasons why-

1-He is always glad to see us when we get home.
2-He loves to snuggle with anyone taking a nap.
3-He has learned to ring the bell when he needs to go outside.
4-He has learned to ring the bell when he needs ANYTHING-including just some attention!
5-He poops on schedule- this is more important than you realize!
6-He refuses to conform to Yorkie standards and allow those ears to stand- he wants to be his own dog.
7-He helps the kids learn responsibility.
8-He helps Andy learn to be gentle.
9-He tolerates those little sweaters we put on him! (Although he WON'T tolerate hair bows!)
10-His little overbite makes him look like he is smiling at us.

One day...in a land far far away...when our babies are grown and we get another dog...we'll go back to Brenda and hopefully get one of Spicy's relatives. He's a good boy.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hmmmm...you seemed to leave off his love of flip-flops and toilet paper. But he really is a good dog!

mindy said...

No, this was a list of things I love about Spicye- not things that drive me insane!!! Thats another blog! :)

Anonymous said...

He's definitely one cute puppy! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's Ms Brenda! In January of is year, I met Mindy and family
through my adoption process for one of my Yorkshires. What a great family! I am so glad that Spicy found them :) I could tell it was
an instant match. Yorkie love was in the air. Come and see us anytime, and keep an eye on our website, We have a new Pet Supplies Store we have added to the site.