Mar 30, 2008

Random Again

*I watched a few minutes of the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards last night and caught Miley Cyrus's performance. Now don't get me wrong, I like little Miley. We watch Hannah Montana frequently around here- and it is a cutesy show. However, that child really can't sing that well. I mentioned this to Brad (should have called a female friend for that conversation because Brad was not interested). But my point was that she should invest well because this career is going to be short lived...I don't expect her to have any top 40 songs 10 years from now- or five- three is a stretch.
*Spring break has come and gone. Maci called it boring. I called it relaxing. Tomorrow we are back to running. Good news- summer is just a hop, skip, and a jump away...Let's start skipping.

*My mother told me that Blaine Bartel will be preaching the Wednesday night service at COTM while I am there. I think the world of Blaine and can't wait to hear him again. He kind of reminds me of Dick Clark too....the man just does not age. Maybe its the Canadian in him?
*Speaking of COTM, check out their 33 days of prayer page. Some of it is Tulsa/Oklahoma specific but Charlotteans can pray for Tulsa too! Why is it 33 days? I know better than to believe it is just a random number. What is the significance of 33?
*Spicy is so smart. When Brad tells him to get a toy, he runs around the house till he finds one of his hidden toys and brings it right back. He'll just drop it at Brad's feet so they can play. He does act a little bit like an old man though (Spicy not Brad) he likes to go to bed early but won't come up here until Brad or I do. We should train him to sleep with the other old man in the house- Aaron.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet pic :) Give Smarty Pants Spicy and giant hug for me!

Anonymous said...

I disagree - I think Miley has an amazingly strong and great voice. But that's just me and that being said I personally have no opinion on whether she will have any number ones - ??? So you might be right.

Thanks for posting about "Naturally Seven" - I listened to the clip you posted and WOW I can't wait to go pick up the cd.

-Mary

Ashley B said...

I must have bad ears, I like Miley Cyrus's voice -- but I think I sing well too--