Mar 17, 2008

Now You Know


Right up there with the top mysteries of the universe is the age old question, "why do the socks disappear in the wash-is it the washer or the dryers fault?"

Well folks, I have a heftly little Maytag Man bill and 3 ratty socks to prove it is definately the washer's fault. Yes, your washer CAN and probably has eaten some socks. Now if you have a top loader...I don't know how it happens but if you have a front loader, somehow the socks go to the inbetween place (think purgatory) betweek the drain and the hosey thingy. They get stuck there. They clog the hole. They wreak havoc on your washer causing it to display a variety of crazy help messages. They cause days of frustration as you try drain cleaners, a variety of wash cycles, and force your husband into saying words worse than "whatthecrapever.". Finally when you give up and call the little man, he will happily beebop out to the house (at his earliest convenience) to realease the socks from their impending doom and free your washer from it's state of constipation. All for the better part of $100.

That- in a nutshell- is the true story of what happens to socks in the wash.
PS- I just googled for the picture...it's not my washer or my husband!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have heard this story before...I love the comment about the picture!!!

PS No word from Matt!!!

Ashley B said...

I thought that was brad-- I know how he likes the black knee socks and black shoes.

Anonymous said...

Were they "business socks"?