Mar 14, 2008

I wish...

I wish there was an accepted, understood, and universal sign for, "I'm sure you are a lovely person but I would prefer to not visit right now." Although rare, there are occasions such as on an airplane, in a department store, or while getting a pedicure that I just want to be left alone. I seem to have a face that screams "Talk to me. Tell me your life story. I will be interested." Most of the time these are quite normal friendly people. I'm sure if I were in a chatty mood I would enjoy the conversation. However, when I just want to think about nothing- forget what I have left to do in the day- and relax-- I would like to express these thoughts through a friendly yet effective signal. Here is what I'm thinking....It's time for someone to invent this. OK fine. I'll do it myself.

The universal signal for "I mean no disrespect but leave me the crap alone" will be---- a tilted head smile without showing any teeth. When someone gives you the signal you must not take it personally. You must not get angry. You must reply with a tilted head in the opposite direction smile without showing any teeth. This will signify, "ooohhh...I apologize. I had no idea you were looking for a little down time. I will sit here quietly and mind my own business without any ill will toward you- bless your heart."

Women across the world will thank me for this. Done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy, You crack me up!! -Mary

Ashley B said...

What a great picture of your toes-- :) I totally like the idea-- I could have used it many times in the airport-- you know how I am there :)