Mar 21, 2008

The Expected


Some people like the unexpected. I like the expected. Every year Brad's Grandma Haver sends me a box of cookies and a WalMart gift card for my birthday. This years package arrived today. And as I usually do, I will use the gift card for a beautiful fern to hang on the front porch. There is just a nice sense of comfort in these expected things. I appreciate them more and more each year. I don't think Grandma Haver reads the blog but just in case...Thank you again Grandma! The cookies are yummy- I promise to keep them far away from Spicy this time- and I will send you Easter pictures soon. Love you!

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

you just don't like surprises do you :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the big ferns...nothing says Southern summers like those and having a big class of lemonade while swinging on the front porch

PS so jealous that you have got an email...no word from Matt!!!

Hope you are having a relaxing spring break!!!! Tell the kids everyone I said hi