Oct 21, 2007

Festivals & Field Trips


I've had a very pumpkin filled weekend...a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Andy's class, Hallounko that night (I won again!!!), and painting pumpkins at the festival Saturday... It sure feels like fall. Here are some random ramblings from the weekend...
* Andy told me he had a "super duper" time at the pumpkin patch with me. That's the best compliment a mom can get. :)
* I'm so glad I have a husband that will drag me on the stage to dance even when I seem to protest.
*Ashley is such a cool chick she isn't even mad at me for dragging her into this whole festival planning thing....AND she's staying on board to see that the Christmas event is even better! You rock Ashwee!
* Kids love to paint pumpkins. You can go through 300 pumpkins in 3 hours they love it so much. You also go through 300 packages of wipes.
* Some parents are as dumb as their kids. Did that dad honestly think it was ok for his 2 boys to paint NINE pumpkins???? You cheater cheater pumpkin eaters. Go eat your nine pumpkins.
* I learned if you win Bunko 2 months in a row, your score card is audited. Not really but I felt I should offer. I honestly hope I don't win anything next month...for my own safety. Women get vicious over Bunko...like shopping the day after Thanksgiving.
Great weekend. I hate to think about Monday being so close. But we gotta get through the Mondays to get to the Saturdays.

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

Christmas event ???? What??? Actually I did feel kinda bad that I couldn't stay longer yesterday, and actually kinda missed our Sunday afternoon meeting (a.k.a. social gathering) with Janey's sweet tea....

Erin said...

Sorry we missed the fun...I would have limited my kids to one pumpkin each!