Oct 15, 2007

Follow that Mouse


One of our teachers just got back from DisneyWorld. As we stood on the bus parking lot looking at pictures and reliving her trip, I was mentally making a packing list. Don't ya just want to load up and head out with me? Here are the top 10 reasons why I NEED to get back to Disney-
10- That's the only place on earth I don't mind getting up at 6 am.
9- That's the only place on earth I don't mind walking 5 miles a day.
8- That's the only place on earth I am oblivious to the weather conditions. Hot? Cold? Raining? I don't even notice.
7- I need to sit on that curb and wait for the parade. I just need it.
6- I can barely remember the taste of the hot dogs at Casey's Corner on Main Street- but I remember they are the best.
5- It's downright frightning how excited I get about the planning involved in a Disney trip.
4- My Andy has NEVER been to Disney. That's just wrong and makes me a bad bad parent.
3- Since I plan to retire there I need to stop by HR and get an application. I like to plan ahead you know.
2- The expressions on the kids faces makes it worth every penney...and dime...and quarter...
1- I miss that mouse- and his little girlfriend too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick up an application for me too while you're there & I'll retire there with you!
I have a picture of my girls in the hammock on the beach at the Floridian on my desktop...some days it's a relaxing reminder, some days it's pure torture because I wish I was still there!

Ashley B said...

I wanna go-- it is absolutely my favorite vacation spot-- can you find a place for me and the fam in your bags?

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

I've never been & I turned out okay, didn't I??

Anna May said...

did you go to animal kingdom when you were last there? i wasn't very excited about going to that park, and it turned out to be one of my VERY favorites! soo much fun :)

mindy said...

Jess- of course you turned out more than "okay" but....you still need to go to Disney. :)

AM- We did go to AK but it was my least favorite. However, you gotta remember it was 7 years ago so there wasn't near as much there as there is today. Reason #11 that I need to go back! :)

Anonymous said...

Mindy****
Missing you!! Alot has changed at COTM since you have left. We haven't been attending church much..still trying to find something closer. Now at COTM the doors are locked at service time...so if you go to the bathroom you can't get back in or if you show up late you better turn back around., You also check your kids in...I think by scanning there card. I do also miss hearing the music. Email me back I'm still at the credit union.
Lisa C

mindy said...

Lisa-
I heard about the doors locking at COTM...that just means you gotta be on time now. :)

Miss you too! We love it here though, you would too...come see us.

Erin said...

Disney...at this very moment I am so close, but so far away...big sigh. Passed it yesterday, thought of you.