Aug 12, 2007

Our Entourage

Pastor Furtick is in the middle of a series on relationships called Entourage. On the way home Brad and I were discussing who's in our entourage. Like Pastor's, ours is diverse with every person having their own gifts and their own way of bringing blessing to our lives. These are the couples we discussed in the car this afternoon....

Scott & Helen- Scott is the first person we met from Elevation. In the blink of an eye he had Brad signed up for his parking team and both of us in their smalll group. They have so much knowledge to share. Both Scott & Helen have acted as sounding boards for us and offered advice and encouragment more times than I can count. They also give hugs...lots of hugs...and that's what you really need when you are 1000 miles from home. I don't remember for sure...but I would venture a guess that our very first North Carolina hug came from Scott!!! They do all this for us, and for a million others because that's the kind of wonderful GIVING people they are. We are honored to know them and to have them in our entourage.

Harry & Debra- Also from our first small group, we loved this pair from the beginning. Harry's wit and Debra's style make them a stand out. They are stellar. Not only do they also speak encouragement and wisdom into our lives but their actions speak volumes. We put these guys through the wringer this last month. They've been at the hospital with us ALL night long followed up by an encore the following weekend and acted like there was no where in the world they would rather be. When I couldn't stand to watch the doctor working on Brad's incision, Harry supervised the procedure for me. Debra didn't just sit there helpless- she was interceeding on Brad's behalf. Praying for the doctor to have wisdom and for Brad to get through the pain. She is a prayer warrior like you've never seen before. Did I mention these two are stellar?

David and Erin- This isn't the first time I've blogged about these guys and I'm sure it won't be the last. These are the friends we prayed for and yearned for long before we ever met. These are the guys that we are most 'at home' with. When we told them our crazy dreams they didn't tell us we were crazy, they told us they had the same dream. We laugh with them. We plan with them. We vent with then. We pray with them. We cry with them...at least Erin and I cry together...I've never seen the guys share a moment like that... ;) These are those die hard friends that will bleach our bathroom, mow our lawn, care for our kids for days on end, and be up for a insane day trip with us anytime- anywhere. I think they know it is reciprocal...I hope they do...but just in case...hey guys....its reciprocal! No matter what, no matter when, no matter where- the answer is "yes." Tell us what you need. The answer is yes.

I worry when I spend a blog bragging about our NC family because I don't want to down play our real families or our friends that we love back home. I could write books on my parents and siblings and how they have been our entourage and continue to be... There isn't a problem in this world that I wouldn't be able to take to my mom and dad. Not everyone can say that and I know how much of a blessing that is. It's because of that, I know they also are thrilled we have this support system here. It's very humbling to think that 2 years ago we didn't know any of the couples listed above. I don't think you can understand our feelings unless you have moved and experienced that "oh my gosh, who would we call" feeling for awhile-- When you've been there and then you are in the place where you are once again surrounded by those you love and that love you...those in your entourage...you'll never take them for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how honored we are to be included in your Entourage! We are blessed to be a part of Elevation Church and it is icing on the cake to claim the Horners as our "adopted" children. You guys are the best! We love you both! Scott and Helen