Aug 16, 2007

Back So Soon


It seems I just took this picture of our busses pulling out on the last day. Yet, here we are again...getting geared up for another year. I worked in my room today and really got it in great shape. This is the first year I haven't had the slightest bit of excitement about the upcoming year. I think there are many reasons including the crazy summer we had but ready or not the time is fast approaching. So....I'm going to focus on the things I do love about school.
*****I love seeing my school buddies 5 days a week. I hadn't seen AnneMarie all summer and man I missed her!!! I've gotten to see Tresher but not in that school format and it's just differnent there. We laugh and have such a good time together. When you teach with someone you create this bond because they are the only ones that really understand your day to day reality. We have jokes or memories really that are just hilarious to us but when I try to explain it to someone else, it just isn't the same. They make me laugh and I'm glad I'm going to be spending more time with them again. (even though I have *my own friends* I still like to eat lunch with you, AM!) ;)
*****The structure of getting up and getting ready isn't something I love, but it is something I need.
*****Kindergarten kids are so excited to come to school. They really are fun. You have to shoo the mommas out and give them some time but when their little personalities start shining, they are FUN.
*****Not many professions have the opportunity to make such a profound difference in the childhood of 20 kids at a time. It's a responsibility and a blessing like no other.
Hurry to the store, grab your #2s and the biggest box of Crayola Brand crayons you can find
(MUST be crayola brand!!!) get your backpack loaded because we will be back soooo soon.

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

I miss you guys so much! I went back through and read ALL your blog entries! I feel like we have so much in common since we're both Okie girls transplanted to the east! Do you have an e-mail address? I want to catch up!
jess