Nov 4, 2008

Yes, I Voted

This post is not going to be about my disappointment in this years candidates. It isn't going to be about how I really voted *against* someone rather than voting *for* someone. It isn't even going to be about my dislike for Sarah Palin. (which I inteded to blog about but never got around to it) This post is about how sadly disappointed I was with the voting "machines." All those early bird voters told me about the cool computers. I was psyched because in Oklahoma we were given a card and a Sharpie. This was going to be so way cooler.

Not so much. I was given a piece of paper and told to use the "voting tool" in my booth. Hmm...I was optimistic for some hand held device or something... Not so much. The voting tool is also known as a Bic Round Stic. Much the like one pictured below- except it was black and didn't have a lid. Stinking voting tool. Whatthecrapever. I'd rather have the Sharpie.

3 comments:

Ashley B said...

Amen sista-- I am with you on this one-- I was dissapointed myself-- I think it was our small Lake Park polling site-- hey and nice tunes--definitely a nice touch to a mentally tough day you were right about making me smile-- thanks for a great conversation today (even when sometimes the truth hurts right :))-- Oh and we have a song??? :)

mindy said...

In all seriousness, do you think we are the only people in the US that have that joke with this song?? But anyway, glad it made you smile- now, get back to your letter writing!

Anonymous said...

why do you dislike sarah palin?