Jan 26, 2008

New Found Appreciation

Last night's Wii party left me with a new found appreciation- a few actually. We invited every girl in Maci's class plus a few others. There were some good girls here. Girls that I will encourage Maci to continue building realationships with. We had some girls here that I will encourage her to cut all ties with. But when scanning the crowd gathered by the television to sing some High School Musical song, I was overcome with pride and appreciation for my own little girl. Can she act bratty? Sure. Can she act mouthy? Sure. She can act like a 10 year old girl very well. But she IS friendly, loving, caring, compassionate, thoughtful, and well behaved. She is also a cutie. Because I want the best for her I can put such lofty expectations out there that I lose sight of the awesome person she is- Person...not just daughter -but person.

I also have a new deeper appreciation for friends and teachers (and friends that happen to be teachers) that also adore my daughter and make her feel like a million bucks every time they walk in the door. There is great value is in positive affirmation from people that don't have to say it.

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

You have every reason to be proud-- I hope Payten is as sweet (and cool by the way :)) as Maci when she is 10