Sep 12, 2009

Permission Granted

I am writing this blog today to give myself permission to be a slacker. I need to get these thoughts "on paper" so I can file through them better and then move on. First the excuses- we are really busy right now. I love it. I do. Cheerleading. Football games. New school year. New school. New curriculum. Andy in school. LP Fall Festival coming up. Grad school. House projects. (did you see all that painting?!) Fun time with friends- you have to schedule that you know- it is very important to keep relationships strong. Date nights- also very important to schedule although we have sucked at this lately. We are going to start weekly gym dates this week. Yeah, yeah, I know you are jealous. ;) It is a busy season in our lives right now. So there are some things I have to let go.

The first thing I let go was a pretty easy one. I am having my house cleaned. Yes. Cheapo me is paying another person to clean my house. Let me tell you it is worth every single dime. She does a super fantastic job and this has freed up a huge amount of weekend time for us. Before you say you can't afford it, check it out. Find someone that is reasonable. I did. Again- worth every dime. My girl even leaves us little surprises...this week it was cutesy ceramic pumpkins and doggy treats for Spicy. You know I like to share but she is getting really busy so I can't give you her name. She's mine! Find your own. :)

Now we come to what I am beating myself up over- COUPONS. I'm suffering from major "lack of couponing guilt." I love coupons. I love deal finding. I hate that I know I've spent too much money on groceries lately because I haven't had the time to do the couponing.

So here is where the permission comes in. I hereby grant myself permission to forget about coupon research while grad school is in session. I can't manage homework and coupons at the same time. I'm going to have to let coupons go for a short while. But here is my plan- between classes I have a 3 week break. I will take that time to get organized again, develop a reasonable plan, and get back to deal finding.

My classes don't end until Friday so this week- I'm going to go to the grocery store without a single coupon and it's going to be OK. No one will laugh and point. No one will know I am a coupon loser. But according to DealSeekingMom.com there are going to be FIVE inserts this Sunday and I highly encourage everyone to buy a paper tomorrow. Am I contradicting myself here? Maybe so. Maybe permission is only granted temporarily. Even coupon losers have to be prepared for the next triple event at Harris Teeter you know...

No comments: