Jul 15, 2008

Summer Treats

At the risk of overdoing the food theme today...here is another little summer treat to whip up. After Harry (aka HarryBob) made some fabulous iced coffee for us, Brad and I have been working on our own recipe. Admittedly, I have not yet recovered from my Quick Trip addiction.
I'm still crisscrossing the world- or at least Charlotte- in search of a frozen cappuccino that is just as good as QTs while also being QT affordable. Starbucks is decent but I have to be having a major caffeine fit before I will agree to pay their prices. All of that to say this-

Brew some coffee. Strong. While it is still hot, add the sugar. Cool the coffee in the fridge for an hour or so...however long it takes. Fill your blender with a little ice- or if you have a fancy fridge, use the crushed ice button. If you don't have the fancy fridge (like me) then go back to putting regular ice in the blender and crush it. Add your coffee and a whish of milk. Blend. Ta-da. Cheap yet tasty iced coffee. Lots of foam too. And to all my IBS friends- you know who you are- a little iced coffee is awesome for the digestive system. It just has a way to get you going.

2 comments:

Just Jana said...

To answer your question--The spelling of the Kid's name is open to interpretation...but I've always encouraged the capitalization of the K. I think it's cooler that way. I wish I could have 2 capital letters...but JaNa would be weird. I think she capitalizes it herself now, and I made sure when Mom enrolled her in school she had them capitalize it. :) Climb aboard the capitalization train. MinDy, MaCi, BrAd, AnDy, AaRon? Any that you want to use? :)

Ashley B said...

I don't know that the IBS relief is even worth drinking any kind of coffee