Jul 30, 2008

Do I Really Know You?


How did anyone stay in touch 20 years ago? Everything I know about everyone comes from the internet. Between MySpace, blogs, FaceBook, and reunion sites there isn't anyone you can't track down. I've recently found some of the kids I went to kidergarten with. It's crazy to think we all started with Mrs. Prebble in the prefab. We all learned our letters from the "letter people", we all went on to Leeper Middle, and none of us thought it was strange that our mascot was a red and white zebra. But here we are 25 years later scattered throughout the world and I read blogs and realize that although I've "known" these people for more than 25 years I really know nothing about them. That tells me something. I should take more time to learn about people. I should listen when I hear. Everyone has a story. They aren't all like mine but they are all worth hearing.

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

What is the random man on the horse?

mindy said...

That is Will Rogers. This is a pic from main street Claremore, USA. Have you not ever been there?? ;)