Apr 16, 2008

Weighing In on the Idols

For the first season ever I am actually keeping up with American Idol. Brad claims he has no interest and won't participate in any Idol discussion. However, Ashley is a long time Idol buff and we have frequent discussions on the contestants. If we are a good sample of the American Public-the top 3 will be David, David, and Carly.

For any other Idol Nerds out there, here is a jist of tonight's conversation- feel free to add your own 2 cents.

Brooke- Ashley says she talks too much and can't take a compliment. I like her but am concerned that if she releases an album it will be a little too tree hugger for my taste.

Kristy- We both agree she should have been gone a long time ago.

Jason- Ashley says she likes something about him and he kinda looks like John Travolta. I just can't get past the hair. There's gotta be critters living in that mess.

David Cook- Ashley says he is her favorite and she especially likes him since he joined the hair club for men and got that nasty receding hairline taken care of. I agree that he is the best...I never noticed the whole hair issue...I'm not that observant.

David A- Ashley says she had to get over his lip licking thing but now thinks he is kinda sweet. I say he is sweet but a little too sunshine for me. Again, never noticed the lip thing.

Carly- Ashley likes her. She calls her rather talented yada yada. I say she is ok but I did notice the tattoo and I don't like it. Wear some sleeves Carly.

Syesha- Ashley says simply, "Whitney wannabe" but not. I say, Syewho?

Admittedly the highlight of each show is to see if Paula could pass a sobriety test...and I guess it's only fair to add that I've never actually voted for anyone. Is that bad?

2 comments:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

No its not bad! We follow Idol and haven't voted this season. I agree with most all of your comments...I keep waiting for the day that both blondes are gone...The Davids are in a totally different league as them. About Paula... In about 20 years, if I'm still acting and dressing and wanting to be 20, I give you permission to let me know.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I am weighing in!

Kristy-totally agree! What are they thinking keeping her!

Brooke-I like her. She is getting a little sassy with Simon. That won't do anything for her.

Jason-He could make it in Hawaii. PS...the only way to get rid of the hair to cut and shave it all!!!!

David A-He needs to find a new genre to sing. I am getting bored with the ones he is pickig now. I haven't been impressed since the first Beetles week.

Carly-Her and Brooke are kinda neck and neck for me.

Syesha-Totally agree with Ashley!

David Cook-Didn't notice the whole hair thing either. Love him all the same!!

PS-Haven't voted either!!!