Feb 5, 2008

Playing Favorites

I get quite attached to my classes each year. I admit that I do have favorites. Any teacher that says they don't is a liar. I also admit that I consider these kids to be "mine" long after they graduate Kindergarten. But rarely do I get to keep in close contact with any of them. Payten Brown is the exception. Because her momma and I are tight, I get to see PayPay regularly. Today I got to read her latest publication entitled, I Played With My Frined Maci. Ok, so she mispelled "friend." Did I mention that she is SIX?! Last year we worked on 3 page stories with a beginning, middle, and end. This story is 9 pages long complete with detail, punctuation, capitalization, and illustrations. These are the things that make a teacher proud!

Payten- You earned a big ol :) with a Mr. Sketch smelly marker. Keep on writing hippy chick.

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

Oh now that is sweet-- I will have to show Payten her very own blog-- she will be happy-- she liked when I told her that you were proud of her-- and I like to still give you most of the credit (I have to take some she had to get her smarts from somewhere :))-- SERIOUSLY YOU ARE A GREAT TEACHER-- and I can say that because I know first hand :)

Anonymous said...

i love you thank you for putting me on your blog pay pay