May 1, 2007

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner


As Erin and I got into a deep discussion concerning the do's and don'ts of blogging this evening, she let me know that an occassional recipe is nice...as long as I don't turn it into a weekly habit. So, here is my random recipe which we will call Mini Me Meatloaf.

Use your favorite meatloaf mixins. I prefer the old fashioned ground beef, ketchup, egg, saltine crackers, worcestersire, garlic powder, and pepper mixture. "Paint" a muffin pan with olive oil and roll up meatballs from the mixture to place in each muffin spot. Sometimes I hide a pineapple piece inside each little mini loaf. Pop them in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes...sometimes 15 will do- don't overcook because they do dry out quickly. Coat the tops with a mixture of brown sugar and ketchup. We call this "the secret sauce" (even though it really is no secret) They are the perfect portion size and look cutesy too! I'd like to share my chicken fried steak recipe since it is a southern tradition but...that may put me over my recipe allowance for the week! Maybe next time.... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...sounds tasty! Too bad neither of my picky kids would eat it. :o( Well, maybe Madelyn would. She's feeling pretty brave about trying new stuff these days. :o)

Anonymous said...

Weekly recipes are fine, just a committment we both know you don't want to tie yourself to so early in your blogging life...and I'd be out of recipes in 2 weeks.

We had mini-me meatloaf for dinner tonight, yummy! Even without red-meat :)

E

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.