May 17, 2007


Some call it leadership. Some call it bossy. Some call it an anal control freak! Whatever you call it, I think I have it. For example, tomorrow is our authors tea. I have everything purchased in true matchy anal fashion down to the coordinating Skittles and silver wrapped Kisses. I gave a detailed description as to what colors I want on the cake. Yet, I'd really just love to be there as she is mixing the colors....I just *need* to make sure it is the right shade of pink. I don't want baby pink. I don't want hot pink. I want the perfect shade of a bright summer pink. I have it pictured in my brain. Yet sometimes I question how well I communicate my minds picture...I say this as I look at my dog. I knew exactly how I wanted him cut. I thought I explained it to a tee. I came back to find my Yorkie had been replaced with some schnauzer/scottie dog looking thing. Everyone says it's just hair- it'll grow back. That's true. That's why I *must* be anal because it is bugging the crap out of me! Same thing about this icing....what if it is too light...too bright...too red. It's only icing. It'll just be eaten. I've got to learn to let these little things go....then again maybe not. Maybe the little things are the differences between good and SPECTACULAR. I want this tea to be SPECTACULAR! I'll check on the icing first thing in the morning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be more like that, then I became really good friends with someone who is...I must have subconscioulsy realized we both can't be that way. So I relaxed a little.

I hope your tea is spectacular. Not because the kids will notice if the icing is the right shade of pink, but because you deserve this tea to be spectacular as a reflection of what you've put into it and everything you've done for your class.