May 6, 2007

Baskets are best

I wish Blogger would let me post a picture at the top of my post and then another one later on IN the post. But since it won't (and if this is possible, PLEASE somebody rescue me here) Anyway, this is the organization post continued. I got the "shoe basket" idea from Barb in Oklahoma. It has become a staple around here. PreSpicy, we had a basket at the front door, back door, each bedroom, and on the stairs. Now with Spicy, we can't keep any shoes downstairs so this basket is tucked safely behind the gate at the bottom of the stairs. The genius about this is that it is just so simple. Toss your shoes in the basket and it looks nice and tidy- in a shabby chic sort of way. Every now and then the basket overflows so you simply get mad and dump the contents on the floor while yelling for everyone to come collect their shoes and take them back to their respective bedrooms. It's that simple. PS--The getting mad part is optional.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first and only purchase (so far) for the new house is a shoe basket...but it sounds like I need a few more.

Anonymous said...

We had shoe cubbies by the door for a while. The basket thing is a good idea! We have the ugly things hanging on the doors for now.
Everytime I open your blog, I get thirsty! I *heart* sweet tea!! :o)