Jan 28, 2009

So Southern

I never feel I am more in the south than when I am getting my hair cut. Let me start off by saying that I LOVE it. I am not making fun of these girls. I absoluetly love to listen to their conversations. Yesterday I counted 6 times that someone said "bless her" about someone. (This is comparable to "bless your heart" or "love your heart") I also heard the phrase "she looked to be about 70" and everyone there refers to their parents as "momma and daddy." I learned why the Western Sizzler closed in Monroe and about the Wagon Wheel restaurant in Marshville that's been there 40 years. I got a great hair cut too. My little Casey can cut some hair. Out of all the transitions we've made the last 3 years, finding a great hair place was the easiest. If only they served sweet tea...

No comments: