Sep 1, 2008

Trip Report

Here is a mini trip report for the mini beach trip. (please ignore the fact that I look like a tin soldier in that picture...)

We headed down on Friday afternoon to the Lazy Daisy beach house on Sunset Beach. Friday night was highlighted by a trip to Broadway at the Beach. The best line of the night was Ashley reading the sign "pavement ends %$*&!" almost simultaneously as we hit dirt. The sign didn't say %$*&! but Ashley added that part herself. I don't cuss but if ever there was an appropriate cussing moment, this was it. Apparently Joe's intuition was correct and we weren't going the right way.

Saturday we slept in and laid out on the beach. Oh wait, we also took a 4 mile trek to spend a little quality time at the Kindred Spirit mailbox. Great concept. Great views. Don't walk past the mailbox though. Seriously. Don't. Don't ask me how I know.

Saturday night the guys planned a special dinner for us complete with expensive seafood and cheap wine. They prepped. They grilled. They even lit candles. Actually it was candle. But it was very thoughtful and very sweet and I liked the cheap wine. I know they say wine is good for you but I wonder if they mean the kind that comes from Food Lion?

Sunday we slept in and laid out on the beach again. No walk this day. The guys got some body boarding in though. We went to Broadway at the Beach again and stayed on the pavement the entire way. We also ate dinner at a fabulous place called Carolina Roadhouse. It was awesome even though it wasn't in "the plan." I think I went with the flow rather nicely!

Today we slept in a little and did a little shopping and a little eating before heading back to the land of responsibility. Oh! I almost forgot, I brought home a perfect sand dollar. In fact it was so perfect, Joe and Ashley even removed the 59 cent price tag from the back. Thanks guys! And next summer I really will get up at sunrise to go find one myself. Seriously. For real this time.

5 comments:

Ashley B said...

Go with the flow is a relative term-- depends on what type of flow you are talking about-- also did you have to tell everyone I cussed? Sorry blogger world--- finally thanks for not saying the name of the cheap wine-- I may be in trouble with the real wine drinkers if they knew I drank that cheap (and good BTW) wine

Ashley B said...

BTW just thinking back to one of our many conversations on the beach-- and was going to tell you -- you will always be gold ;)--even though you like silver better-- he he

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

that sounds like so much fun! i want a beach! and sleeping in! in other news, i'm listening to DC Talk and reminiscing youth group days:)

WV Girl said...

Glad you had a good time at the beach with the Browns. I hope you drank lots of pop because soda just isn't as good!!! I am with you on the pop thing. I couldn't find where you had mentioned it before but I wanted to comment on it because there no other word for it besides POP!!!!!

Julia said...

That's a cute shirt! :o) I can't believe how tan you are!