Sep 28, 2008

Got Gas?

This gas issue is crazier than I have ever seen. We filled up yesterday morning (because we NEEDED to, not because we are in a panic like the majority of the area). We waited in line on Idlewild to get into the On the Run there by Lowes Foods. The line was crazy long but it moved quite quickly thanks to the OTR guys out there directing traffic. Two police cars were there to show presence. Apparently they were ready for the rush because there was no limit on how much gas you could buy.

Two things struck me as I sat there- the look of panic on people's faces as they were pulling in. It was like the day after T-giving sale minus the festive music. The panic around here has been out of control and embarrassing! Don't you just want to slap some people and tell them to chill out?! Maybe, that's just my thought... Anyway, I also saw a man filling his car and then TWO gas cans. I believe this mentality (along with the media frenzy) is to blame for turning what could have been a minor inconvenience into becoming a major problem.

If you have gas- don't go get more. If you need gas, calmly proceed to the next available station with gas. They are around. They may be few and far in between but they are around. This panic simply has to stop. You could even smile to people while you are filling up and quit acting like you are going to DIE in the next 5 minutes if you can't get your tank full. Please.

This scenario has clearly showed me that Americans will be the downfall of America. We don't need outsiders attacking us, we do a dang good job of that ourselves.

3 comments:

Ashley B said...

my gas light is on-- I am going to have to strategically, yet calmly proceed to the nearest gas station-- Yikes- good news is I haven't bought gas in 2 weeks-- saving some money in the Brownie Household-- that is Disney Money :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you guys were doing with that. We're seeing stories of $9 + gas on the east coast. Crazy stuff!!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

wait a sec...what's going on? what's the frenzy about? am i lost in my own little harper world?