May 28, 2008

The Magic of Pajama Pants


Today was a less than stellar day at work so the first thing I did when I got home was change into jammie pants. The fact that it was raining just cemented the necessity of such clothing. There is something magical about them. It's sorta like making a statement that you are done with the outside world. From that point on you will only be surrounded by those you love.
Which brings me to an equally important part. Jammie pants should not be worn outside your home. Granted you may wear them while going to the mailbox or watering your flowers. And in a special exception, we have been known to wear them over to some very close friends house when we know we will be there til the wee hours of the morning. Beyond that- wear real clothes. A good rule of thumb- if you are wondering whether or not it is appropriate to wear jammie pants --don't. I love them as much as the next guy but I sure don't want to see that next guy wearing his at WalMart.
So go on out and get you some cutesy jammie pants! Enjoy the magic. But do stay indoors.

5 comments:

Ashley B said...

Glad you haven't seen me in Bi lo on some of those days-- I have done it-- I try to pick the ones that do not look to "PJ" like but if it is all I have and it is a late night run-- I sure have done it :) -- but of course I let my kids wear light ups too :)

Erin said...

I would have to disagree about the wearing out thing...no to Walmart and other public places, but yes to 7am carpool line. Real pants would warrant a bra, whereas jammie pants go well with a baggy sweatshirt disguising bra-less-ness.

But maybe that's just me and maybe that's TMI.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

You're so right...there is nothing like getting out of jeans and into some stretchy and roomy PJ pants (and it's even MORE true now that I'm preggo). Sooo funny! And sooo true... I thought it was only Oklahomans who ventured out in public in bedwear! That you for your public service announcement...some people need the reminder.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

And yes you can come to NYC with the girls! But please, no stilts...we try not to look too weird there. (The tourist book and subway map are already giveaways that we're not locals)

Anonymous said...

I SO *heart* pj pants!! I'd live in them 24/7 if I could. I don't wear them out in public, though, unless it's camping or something, but they are the FIRST thing I put on when I get home. :o)