May 19, 2008

Game Time


My second annual authors tea has come and gone. As I was trying to explain the magnitude of the event, I told Brad this is the superbowl of Kindergarten. And the kindercubs scored. Knowing a little more what to expect this year, I was able to concentrate more on cutesy things like cup pyramids, color coordinated table decor, and an adorable slide show presentation of the year in review. That one was a last minute idea taken from another teacher. I didn't even know we had the capabilities but when she showed me how to project it on the big screen- I was in. After a few (many) hours it was done and adorable. I have a photogenic group of kiddos!
Ashley surprised me by working from home so she could come in and help with set up. That was awesome. I need someone to keep me grounded on events like this. Otherwise I could (and would) obsess over napkin placement for a solid 20 minutes. Thank you again Ashley. You rock!

See her making that punch?! I drank it even with those ice cream floaty things in there. ;)
So...what's in store for next years tea? Maybe a superbowl halftime worthy presentation? Some song and dance number- wait we did that this year!

Kindergarten. Gotta love it...especially where summer is only three weeks away.

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

Aww-- that was fun-- thanks for letting me come-- and next year we need to start the punch earlier-- and you can't just chunk more ice cream in 5 mins before start time-- that was stressful