May 6, 2008

Come on Summer


We are definitely in countdown mode. The days are longer, the temperature is warmer, and the trees are in prime climbing condition. As I type right now I can look out the window and see 2 out of 3 of my kids in a tree- "reading." Brad is diligently working on the front yard. We have never moved into a house with a good yard but it's also never taken us this long to turn a bad one into a good one. Brad is determined that this year is the year. He has been seeding and fertilizing and watering (can we water? if not, please don't turn us in). We did see a worm in the flowerbed this weekend- awesome sign. Two years and this is our first worm. That gives you a clue to what we are dealing with...

So come on summer. We are ready to stay up a little later and sleep in a little later. Ready to start our summer schedule which will include two new segments- walking Spicy time and playing school with Andy time. We've gotta get that child to remember #9 when he is counting!!!

Come on summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come do mine! We have black thumbs and a lack of floral imagination. :op

Ashley B said...

impromptu dinners on the back porch are really nice too!! I am thinking that should be added to your list of summer things-- Dinner for Ash and Fam each night-- HE HE HE HE

Erin said...

No alarm clock...that's what I'm talking about. :)

And who needs the number 9 anyway? It'll always be in 10's shadow.

mindy said...

J- I wish I could. I still owe you a trip. I just don't seem to ever get to that side of the country! :)

A- Sounds good. What else do I have to do during those summer days? You poor business major! ;)

E- I hear ya. I tried to teach him the joke about eight eating nine but it didn't seem to help! :)