Dec 31, 2006

25 questions

I came across this while playing with the "random blog" button and thought it looked fun...reminds me of those old YM quizzes...

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
moved halfway across the country- away from everyone we knew!2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more fornext year?
I honestly don't remember. I could make more but I will have forgotten them by January 21st.3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not technically but some friends of ours adopted a baby boy from Russia which is just as awesome!4. Did anyone close to you die?
my grandmama (end of 05 but seems like yesterday)
5. What countries did you visit?
countries? how about states...Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia real quick like
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
ceramic tile in the kitchen!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
moving here and learning my way around
9. What was your biggest failure?
not mending a close friendship before the move10. What was the best thing you bought?!
our house!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my husbands
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
??
13. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Home
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
enjoying the right now
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
whining
16. Did you fall in love in 2006?
yes, with the Carolinas
17. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost
18. What was the best book you read?
I really should read more...
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
spending more time in the Word
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
one day I will buy clothes for myself again...when the kids are grown and married...
21. What kept you sane?
my husband, talking to my mom on the phone, and my first Carolina friends.
22. Who did you miss?
my grandmama, my mom, my friend and assistant back home, a friend I lost contact with, my church back home...theres a lot to miss when you move.23. Who was the best new person you met?
Man, I've met alot of people this year...Teresa, Bonnie, Michelle, Erin, Cheryl, AnneMarie, Debra, and Laura have all been just the right friends at just the right times
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2006.
1-It's good to not burn any bridges. 2-Its ok to be "the new one" even though you never truly get used to it. 3-Change is inevitable, it's what you make of it that counts.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You are God alone from before time began You were on your throne. You were God alone. And right now in the good times and bad You are on Your throne. You are God alone. You're unchangeable. You're unshakeable. Your're unstoppable. That's what You are.
-Billy and Cindy Foote

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this!
I'm proud of you. Such big change, but I know you guys are happy. You've snuggled right in to that Carolina Style. ;o) Take in a nice big breath of that NC air for me. I don't remember it, but I know I miss it.