Aug 7, 2006

Random thoughts


Day # 4 still no penney.

I read a blog this morning from a stay at home mom that wants to change the world. Good for her. Really. I mean that. But I don't have such desires today. I think the McDonald's cheeseburgers I fed my kids for lunch are just fine. I think they will survive if they watch some tv and eat some junk food. They aren't fat. They aren't even close to fat. In fact, if watching tv and eating some junk will add a little weight to them- even better. I buy most my vegetables in the can form. I don't know where my meat was before it showed up at the grocery store. That's ok with me. I don't recycle. Sure we have the crates. Sure sometimes we put stuff in them and set them out but as far as really truly recycling...no, we don't do it. I like styrofoam cups- they keep my drink cool. I'd rather drive to the pool than sweat the 6 blocks and walk it. Yeah, gas is too high and we should all protest. We won't though. Someone won the lottery- over 200 million. I wish it was me. Money probably would change me. I'd wear better clothes. I'd travel more. I wouldn't quit my job though. I like to have somewhere to be every day. I guess I'm not a treehugger. I don't think I ever pretended to be. I highlight my hair and tan my skin. Why doesn't anyone ever blog about these things? Too honest maybe? Not politically correct? I don't care today. I'm not in a bad mood or anything. Actually I'm in a good mood- just an honest one. I think that's ok.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I like your mood. The honesty is so cool! We only recycle milk jugs and that is because it fills the trash up too much.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! (Lol! That's that "CA" talk, right?) I just think we're the perfect example of a God-planned friendship because who knows if we ever would have truly crossed paths in "real life." You'd probably think I'm one of those crunchy CA hippy-chick thinkin' people. LOL! Only parts of me, I think. Maybe it's the climate. We don't do McD's, but only because I can't stomach the thought after watching "Supersize Me." My kids aren't fat, either, and I don't have a problem with TV or treats on occasion. I don't buy canned veggies, but only because they aren't allowed on my diet. I'd like to buy organic meat/foods, but they are TOO expensive, so I stick with low fat meats, turkey burgers, and boneless/skinless chicken (breasts only...never any other part.) We definitely recycle, but it's mostly because thta's how it's set up here -- big garbage can for recycle stuff and "green waste" and a little small can for garbage. I took a double-take on my first Sonic experience with you because it had been years since I had seen/used a styrofoam cup! LOL! I just started the whole hair color craze within the past couple of years and I definitely don't tan...shiny white skin here, or tan-in-a-bottle. LOL! How funny that people can be so different, yet have so much in common to share. ((Mindy!)) :oD

Ashley B said...

Had to read this again tonight-- this is my favorite- and gave me a much needed chuckle

Ashley B said...

oh didn't realize I commented on this before-- reading again-- think it is my favorite blog of all of yours