Jul 8, 2009

Free the Leash Kids!

Saw the funniest thing at the beach last week...a leash kid tripped on his own leash. It wasn't actually ON the beach but at the outlet mall. Still. Two adults. One kid. And a leash.

Maci and I quickly admonished eachother for laughing out loud. But who could help it? Then Aaron comes by and we tell him about it. The analytical child says, "How? Like face first or on his knees?" His knees of course. We aren't that cruel. There was no blood involved. He laughed too by the way.

But seriously. Free the leash kids! Leashes disguised as animal backpacks are still leashes. I'm as much of a helicpoter parent as the next guy. I get the whole safety thing. So hold the kid. Hold their hand. Don't hold a leash. Leash your dog. You can even leash your bunny. But don't leash your kid.

Chant it with me now. FREE the leash kids! FREE the leash kids! FREE the leash kids! FREE the leash kids!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - The leash thing is rediculous! FREE THE LEASH KIDS!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Haha! I would add that if you want convenience, don't become a parent of a toddler.

Anonymous said...

Anna May said "one book every month UNTIL she's five" and also "If your child is UNDER five" so that's why I said 48 which would be 4 years, not 5. Gosh, my math is bad, but it isn't THAT bad!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so turns out my math IS that bad! LOL!