Jun 6, 2009

Bittersweet and Crazy Week

I finished packing up my classroom today. I don't stockpile. I don't hoard. I don't even keep things I probably should keep yet I have multiple boxes in the garage, under the stairs, and in the Durango. Those are the boxes I want to transport myself to be certain they arrive. I also have 47 additional boxes in my office at school. Those will be moved by unlucky county staffers that have the job of moving all Poplin teachers in. So theoretically, when we obtain occupancy of the new school sometime in July, I will walk in to my new classroom and find my 47 boxes waiting for me- nice and neat . Theoretically. Just in case there is a glitch in the system, I've been very organized in my packing. I numbered the boxes and kept a notebook listing what was in each one. But those last 3 or 4 boxes are basically listed as "miscellaneous crap." If they lose a box...please let it be a box of county crap and not my personal crap.

But my room is nothing compared to Trehsers! If I have 47 boxes, Tresher must have 94 boxes. Not to mention all the bookshelves, tubs, tables, lattice work, Lord help those moving men! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that she is coming too!!! Thrilled for me and for my Andy. It's been an emotional week...the news of Cheryl's transfer being honored brought shouting and dancing...but realizing that means we really won't be with Weber next year brings huge sadness. Why couldn't they take us all? We're a ready made team. We're a rocking team.

We are still waiting to hear the fate of 3 more teachers...everyone wonders who they will be and where they will go. Undoubtedly other teams will be broken up. Emotions will be running high again. Looks like this week will also be crazy and bittersweet.
Summer. Is it really coming?

No comments: