May 10, 2009

That Kind of Mom


I have the kind of mom that....

* will make 100+ fruit kabobs AND stick them into pineapples for me (They turned out fabulous by the way...see picture above)

* is very practical but still believes a chocolate Dr. Pepper can cure almost anything.

*always keeps the laundry baskets empty.

*will travel 1000 miles in any season to spend time with us.

*always makes sure there is plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, and detergent in the house. Always.

*has taken Brad in as her own. No mother-in-law/son-in-law issues there.

*will give advice but doesn't have to.

*is techno savvy- now even with an Ipod!

*takes care of my dad and always makes sure he has new clean pants to work in the yard. ;)

* is smart.

* loves to laugh.

* didn't even complain about making the 100+ fruit kabobs and sticking them in the pineapples.

* loves me to the sky and back just like I love her.

Happy Mothers Day Mother! We are missing you already...but the beach trip will be here very soon. Go get a new swimsuit!

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

Aww-- sweet dedication for Mrs. Carleen (gmama)-- and don't forget she makes bows for your friends and brings them Spaghetti and Amish seasoning :)

Carlene said...

Thank you for all the sweet things you wrote about me on your blog. Made me homesick for you all, all over again. See you in July.